Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Niabi Zoo

Last week the PGA Tour was in Silvis, Illinois (the Quad Cities) for the John Deere Tournament.  It was so much fun because I got to see family all week!  Tuesday we got into town and that night was the Big Dig (I'll post those pictures when Zach comes home from the British cause they're on his computer).  After the Big Dig, Conley and Shay spent the night with me at the hotel and Wednesday I took those two and Will to the Niabi Zoo.  Yes, I must be crazy taking a 3, 4 and 5 year old to a zoo by myself!  It was a lot of fun though and the kids loved it.  After that we took naps and swam until my parents and Linda came to pick them up to go home.  Glad they came up to stay with me!



The start of the day.  Everyone is happy and in a good mood so far!  They got those John Deere hats from the Big Dig the night before and they all wanted to wear them.  It was cute.



The first animals we saw at the zoo were these elephants.   Con is looking a little too tired for just getting to the zoo!



Skype buddies get to hang out again!



Checking out the ducks, swan and fish.



Sibling love!  Does anyone else kind of think that Con looks like Smalls from the movie The Sandlot??  The smile, the hair hanging from under his hat in the front and his hat sitting up high on his head...



It took Con one time around with me walking beside him before he would do it by himself.  Shay of course chickened out after I paid the lady...



Laughing at something Will said



This was Shay while the boys were riding horses.  She was just hanging out on the pig.



Hollywood!



The boys getting licked by the goats



Con feeding the animals



Time to cool off!



3 tired kids waiting for the train ride



A little happier now that they're on the train.  Of course no one wanted to sit with me.



Shay showing the boys where to look.  I must say, I'm pretty proud of those pigtails I did!  



Checking out the monkeys.  Still think Con looks a little bit like Smalls from The Sandlot.  Especially with the hat up like that.



2 of my crazy monkeys



Hollywood is crazy sometimes!



Getting a little tuckered out, time to push this big load around.



Con showing Will where the big lizard is



The boys letting Shay look



Checking out the panther



Shay wanted to be a butterfly



Con's turn



Will's turn



Lunch time!  Not much to choose from so got these 3 the same thing…hotdog and share a bag of Cheetos.  When they are tired and cranky, healthy is not really considered!  At least I made them drink a big glass of water on this hot day.  How did I do mom's?



4 tired kids ready for naps!

1 comment:

  1. You rock! Best aunt every (you share this title with Jamie FYI). Love the pigtails!!! I'm so glad everyone was well behaved and you all had fun!

    ReplyDelete