Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas Time

I love Christmas time because it I get to spend so much time with my awesome family!  We had a great week!  Jamie came home early, Stu came down for the weekend, we had many fun days with Conley and Shay and we got to see a lot of our extended family.  It was a wonderful Christmas!


Time for Christmas cookies!


Frosting time!


Shay and her cookie


Conley and his cookie


Please notice the green cookie at the bottom with the silver balls.  After putting these silver balls on a few different cookies and the kids taking a bite once, someone noticed that the bottle of the silver balls said for decoration only, not for consumption.  haha.  Now, why would you make something that's supposed to go on food, but you can't eat it…?


Nate and Dad taking down the bee hive.  Everyone had to check out the action


One day Jamie and I took the kids to meet Will at the Playstation in Cedar Rapids.  They loved it!




Sibling love


Checking out the house with over 100 santas in the yard!


Time for putt-putt and bowling.  I'm sure Conley beat Jamie!


We are thinking we started a new tradition.  Family basketball game on Christmas Eve morning.  It was fun, but we quickly realized how old we all are after playing a few games of just half court!


Good times!


Aren't they just great!  :)


Headed to church


The guys and their Christmas ties


Our chefs making Christmas morning breakfast.  They had to earn their keep.


Linda and her fun gift!  We try each year to get Linda a gift that will get this reaction!  This year we got her a kindle because she loves to read.  However, I guess she also got hooked on a few games that the Heins have on the iPad, so she was very excited she could play those games on her own device!


Dancing to Just Dance 3 on the Sundblads new Kinect.  I was going to add just one of these photos, but thought all 3 deserved to be up here.  


Shay not sure what Stu is doing.  


Get ur groove on guys!!


Go girl!


Stu and I giving a thumbs up for all our gifts!  It looks like a lot, but mom did a good job at wrapping a lot of small, but very fun gifts!  Like Jamie and I's favorite gift…our hawkeye glove (only 1, not a pair) that has a built in koozie to keep your beer cold while you hold it, but also your hand warm!  So smart! ha


Mary Ellen getting in on Just Dance 3 too!


Playing a little hot potato


Dad and Shay playing a game we used to play when we were little.  Blanking on the name of the light game.  


Merry Christmas!!!


Our little rockstar!  Shay loves to listen to music and sing, so I got her this microphone.  Once we got it working she sang all sorts of songs and would even just talk to us through it.



No comments:

Post a Comment