Monday, April 4, 2011

Welcome to my blog

So after some suggestions from family and friends, I've decided to start a blog about my life on the road.  This will be an easy way to keep friends and family posted on where I am and how things are going on the road.  Plus it will also give me a chance to keep a journal of the things I'm doing.  We started traveling the beginning of March and will be on the road til September.  Our schedule will usually be 2-3 weeks on the road then 1-2 weeks at home and we'll do that over and over until hopefully the end of September.  Things are going well and I'm enjoying hanging with the Johnsons, getting to meet new people, seeing new places and watching a lot of golf.  I do miss golf, but am excited to start a new chapter in my life.  I'm not sure when I'll be done with this job and where I'll go next, but I'm not too worried and am just enjoying life!  I have a few ideas of what I want to do, so we'll see.

So far this year we were in Hawaii the first two weeks of January for tournaments.  We then went on a fun ski trip to Colorado with the Cinks in February.  The next week I went back to Denver with my little sister to visit my friends Kelsie and Chris and their new baby.  Then for three weeks in March we were in Miami, Tampa and Orlando for tournaments.

I'll post pictures along the way of the things going on out on the road and back at home.  Below are just a few of the pictures I took the first couple of months this year.


Jonathan Byrd and I at the Hyundai Tournament of Champions at Kapalua on Maui.  Jbyrd went on to win this event!  The Byrd family is one of our closest family friends on tour and on Saint Simons Island where we live.  We spend a lot of time with them and their kids who are 4 and 2.  They are great people and a lot of fun to be around.  So, we were thrilled when Jbyrd won the first event of the year!  This golf course was on the side of a mountain on Maui and had unbelievable views of the ocean and the island of Molokai.



I was very grateful to be able to travel with the Johnson's to Hawaii for the first two tournaments.  I did work everyday I was there, but I also got some free time and took full advantage of that to go explore!  Whale watching was amazing!  Two whales hung out by our boat the entire time we were out there and they even swam under our boat twice!  It was great! 



Going on the zip lines was awesome and I loved every minute!



This was the plane we took to the next island!  It was a bit small and a little scary, but it did the job and once up in the air it was pretty cool.  Our luggage sat in the back of the plane next to Zach's seat or in the wings or the nose of the plane!



This was my first ski trip to Colorado and I can't wait for next ski season!  We went with Stewart Cink's family to Copperhead Mountain for a fun weekend.  I was lucky enough to get out and ski some everyday we were there.



Jamie and I took a trip to Denver to meet Jackson Campbell.  Of course we took him on his first snow shoe hike and first tour of the Coors Brewery!



The Fab 4, as they call themselves, visiting me in Orlando at the Bay Hill tournament.  These guys love coming out to a few PGA tournaments to get their golf fix in and have a fun vacation.



The aqua golf range that Joy, Gunnar (Zach's caddies wife and son) and I went to one day in Miami for fun and something to do.



Conley and Grandpa came down to visit me one week.  Conley and Will became buddies when I started skyping with my niece and nephew.  I guess you could say they are web-pals instead of pen-pals.  The grandpa/grandson trip was a lot of fun and they actually did pretty well traveling just the two of them!



This is my good friend, Dennis and I at the Kenny Chesney concert in Tampa.  We decided last minute to go in and had a great time.  Our unplanned evening turned out to be a fun one!



1 comment:

  1. I love it!!! It is fun to "journal" this way. I am horrible at baby books, so this is my way of keeping track of the kids and our lives!

    ReplyDelete